Church Foundations is a 10-12 week class that will help you gain a solid understanding of what it means to be a follower of Jesus Christ.
Membership@Bethel is offered several times annually. It discusses the history of our church, describes a disciple of Jesus Christ, explains our church government, what the Bible says about baptism, and the commitments of members of Bethel City Cathedral.
At the completion of the membership class, you will receive a membership application form. After the application is completed and returned, a membership interview will be conducted. During this interview with one of our church leaders the prospective member shares their testimony of conversion to Christ and asks any remaining questions about the church. The individual's name is then placed in the bulletin for two weeks. If there are no concerns raised by other members of Bethel, the individual is officially welcomed in as a member.
MEMBERSHIP @ BETHEL
Want to know more about becoming a member of Bethel City Cathedral? Here are some frequently asked questions about membership.
Q: How do I become a member at Bethel?
A: A person interested in membership is invited to complete the 10-12 week Membership@Bethel: Church Foundations course, is encouraged to join a Life Group and serve in one of the many opportunities in a Bethel ministry.
The prospective member will receive a membership application form at the completion of the Membership@Bethel class. Once the application for membership is received the next step is a Leader interview. During the meeting with a church Leader, the prospective member shares testimony of conversion to Christ and asks any remaining questions about the church. The individual's name then is placed in the bulletin for two weeks. If there are no concerns raised by other members of Bethel, the individual is officially welcomed in as a member at a weekend service.
This class is offered several times throughout the year. It discusses the history of Bethel City Cathedral, describes a disciple of Jesus Christ, and explains church government, baptism, and the commitments of members of Bethel City Cathedral.
Q: What are the membership commitments?
A: Members agree to adhere to the following four commitments:
- 1. I have, by faith, become a follower of Jesus Christ and have been baptized as a visible way of demonstrating that commitment.
- 2. I will, with God's help, seek to maintain my consistent disciplines of prayer, Bible study, quietness with God, and attendance at worship services.
- 3. I will neither criticize nor listen to criticism concerning any member of this body and will, when personally offended, speak directly and lovingly with those involved.
- 4. I will financially support the ministries of Bethel City Cathedral by faithfully giving back to the Lord a biblical portion of my increase.
Q: Who can become a member of Bethel City Cathedral?
A: There are four requirements for membership:
- 1. A clear personal testimony of personal faith in Jesus Christ alone as the payment for sin and trust in Jesus Christ alone for salvation.- Ephesians 2:8-9 and Romans 5:8
- 2. Baptism by immersion and a public statement that identifies that person as a follower of Jesus Christ. - Romans 6:3-6.
- 3. Membership Interview - Hebrews 13:17.
- 4. All prospective members are expected to successfully complete our membership class (101) that explains not only what our church is all about, but what it means to be a member at Bethel City Cathedral.